Dr. Cheryl Serr
Cheryl Wiley, FNP
Care for You and Your Growing Miracle
Our Practice Policies regarding Pregnancy Care
- Our practice focus is on empowering women, by informing them and actively involving them in their health care decisions, with the ultimate goal of a healthy mom and baby, and a family centered delivery.
- Our practitioners want you to feel you truly understand what you need to do – with healthy diet, exercise, and appropriate prenatal testing – for the health of both you and your growing baby.
- Visits at our practice are split between Dr. Serr and our nurse practitioners. Most ultrasounds are done in-office in our family-accomodating ultrasound room.
- Our patients deliver at the newly renovated Family Birth Center at Dignity Health Care / Mercy Medical Center – Redding. Our doctors do not travel to Dignity / Mercy Saint Elizabeth’s Hospital in Red Bluff or to Dignity / Mercy Mount Shasta.
- Dr. Serr delivers most of her patients, but does share after-hours and weekend call with Dr. Sam VanKirk, Dr. Edith Oliva, Dr. Greg Skipitis, Dr. Jorge Peña, Dr. Rene Williams and Dr. Amy Keurentjes.
- We deliver patients who have had a prior cesarean section by repeat cesarean, due to the rish of life-threatening uterine rupture. Dignity / Mercy hospitals do not allow a patient to VBAC (deliver vaginally after a prior cesarean section).
- We welcome patients who wish to work with a dula during labor, but do not provide “physician backup” for home births, or work with unlicensed midwives.
- Our office is experienced at caring for pregnant women who are over the age of 35.
- Our office is not currently providing prenatal care for very high risk pregnancies – such as patients with Lupus, Type I Diabetes, Seizure Disorder, uncontrolled high blood pressure, or morbid obesity.
Please call us if you have any questions, 530-225-8500.